Thursday, January 24, 2013

green + leopard........



Green and leopard as promised.
These denim shorts used to be a very favourite pair of jeans. After many years of wearing and washing and wearing some more they were limping along towards the end of their life when in a moment of fashion madness I took to them with my dressmaking scissors.
The denim shorts that resulted were great, no doubt, but they needed something more. So I threw them in a pot of green dye and studded them up and this is the result.
Honestly they sat in my wardrobe for a little while before I pulled them out one day. The great fit I remembered was still there and from then on a little love affair began.
Paired them with some thrifting scores, a white Country Road singlet (a great basic) and this black short sleeved jacket, that is thin enough to wear alone in summer and easy enough to layer up in winter.
And of course the leopard flats, see green and leopard, it just works.

Hope you're having a great week!

xx

Shorts: JayJays + Made By Me
Top: Country Road (Thrifted)
Jacket: Thrifted
Shoes: Siren
Bag: Vintage Glomesh

4 comments:

Hi! Thanks for visiting and reading and looking and commenting!!!