Thursday, February 07, 2013

made by me: sports luxe.......

I'm not a sporty person. Balls and racquets, just not my thing.
Sports luxe dressing however, I can get on board that bandwagon.
Despite the London Olympics having finished months ago, last year in fact, fashion is having a serious sports hangover. The sports luxe trend is still around and frankly I can see the draw.
It's all those awesome super comfortable clothes that you wouldn't be caught dead in outside the house previously, reinvented in luxurious fabrics and sublime colours. By your favourite designers no less.




Designers like Chloe and Alexander Wang and Stella McCartney have been doing the sports luxe thing for a while now, that is creating very wearable and comfortable clothes in beautiful fabrics. It's the sort of fashion that you really can wear everyday, that can be incorporated in any wardrobe. And that doesn't really follow a specific trend, like say neon or graphic prints, (both of which I enjoy) making it something that can hang around the closet for an extended period of time.
So I got a little inspired, mainly by the cotton terry cloth top by Joseph and the mesh paneled silk dress from T by Alexander Wang above. 
I started with my own grey short sleeved cotton top and a little black mesh and this is the result.
The fit is quite slouchy, but I like that in my sports luxe. I'm considering it in a couple of looks. Firstly with a pair of fitted tapered silk trousers and heels. Secondly with a pencil skirt in a floral print. And lastly with a brightly coloured tank underneath (perhaps fluro yellow) and some black skinnies. Oh the possibilities. 

Thoughts??

xx

p.s. NYFW officially kicks off today, as such I'll be glued to style.com for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting and reading and looking and commenting!!!