Saturday, March 16, 2013

march streetstyle faves.......





Contrast, accessory overload, print on print.
While I don't think I actually have a signature style, I normally shy away from too much crazy. I'll pair a bright print with black or navy. Only go crazy on neck candy when the rest of my look is fairly understated or casual. And my print on print action is decidedly vanilla, let's be honest.
But fashion is supposed to fun!
I clearly believe saying that repeatedly will eventually turn every sartorial experience into a song and dance number, filled with balloons and streamers and those super cute tiny cupcakes, worthy of any West End musical or 1st birthday party. Here's hoping right?
However I stand by the sentiment and my never ending quest to try new things, of the fashion nature of course.
Hence my preoccupation this month with all things contrast and overload.
The very black and white tone of the A/W 2013 shows has undoubtedly helped to push me along this train of thought. I know winter is supposed to be a bleak time of year, with all that rain and wind and general coldness, but surely the antidote to that is to add some point of difference?
The Indian summer we were, and I stress the were, experiencing in Melbourne seems to have drifted away overnight and today's quite dismal display is both slightly depressing and also inspiring. I'm aiming to brighten up my winter and that of those around me, consider this fair warning friends and family, with choices not unlike those pictured above.
Should be fun, with a capital F!

Thoughts??

xx

Pics: All The Pretty Birds/Stylescout/JakandJill/Streetpeeper

4 comments:

  1. Great inspiration. The third one is definitely my favorite.

    xx

    Style of Purity
    WIN A DANIEL WELLINGTON WATCH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Right, how great is that belted knit!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm totally not into the black and white...anoymore. It's spring people! That's why I never follow rules when it comes to fashion, ain't nobody got time for that.

    XOXO
    www.PardonMyFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rules are meant to be broken anyway right??

      xx

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and reading and looking and commenting!!!