Thursday, March 07, 2013

mfw fall 2013.......

Today is an auspicious day! It's Kirby Bee's first birthday, time sure flies when you're having fun.
In honour of the occasion I've collated some of my favourite trends from Milan. Who am I kidding, I was doing that anyone, I actually only realised this afternoon what today was. Should have baked myself a cake.  

Onto Milan.

Fur, velvet, white in white and pockets in dresses, that's what jumped out at me. So of course I rounded up some pictures for you all.


First up white on white.
I'm one of those people that's a little terrified of white. White tee, no worries, white shoes, I'm getting there. But white pants, white coat, the pressure would be intense. But these looks by No. 21, Genny, Marco de Vincenzo and Missoni just might sway me.

And way across the other end of the spectrum was the velvet that appeared in gorgeous dark and muted tones. There is something decidedly elegant and sumptuous about velvet. It's one of my favourite fabrics.  The velevet pants from Max Mara, Ter Et Bantine and Giorgio Armani are fantastic and that purple skirt and jacket from Alberta Ferretti, stunning.









 Keeping with the sumptuous theme, we have fur. Now I don't know if we're looking at faux or real, but for arguments sake let's just go with faux. Regardless fur was very present at Milan, which makes sense giving we are viewing the fall winter collection. No 21 again with the lovely long coat, some Prada of course, Marni and Max Mara.








 Last but certainly not least. My most favourite look out of Milan, pockets in dresses.
I'm just going to let that sink in for a minute. Pockets in dresses.

And that's a minute. I freakin' love a pocket in a dress, the cool factor basically quadruples when you have a pocket. And these divine little numbers certainly prove that point. Tartan from Alberta Ferretti, a little more tartan from Aquilano Rimondi, Armani and Etro.

That's it for Milan, onto Paris!

Thoughts??

xx

2 comments:

  1. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
    epoxy coatings
    glue removal
    floor levelling
    Polished concrete sydney
    concrete repairs
    concrete coatings

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and reading and looking and commenting!!!