Monday, March 11, 2013

pfw fall 2013.......

Is there a person, anywhere at anytime who doesn't love Paris?
My own experience with Paris has always been gorgeous and when you combine that with some of my favourites showing in the fair French capital, Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Acne and Junya Watanabe among them, the end result is simply beautiful.
Enough of the Paris love, onto the shows.


Knits, everywhere I looked, that's what I saw. And I loved it. Give me a warm knit in winter and I'm a happy girl. Just check out these killer knits from Chanel, Dries Van Noten, Stella McCartney and Vivienne Westwood. Chanel and Stella kept it cool in navy, Dries rocked some very preppy stripes and as expected Viviene Westwood tore it up a bit, but that smashed up, had this old thing for a hundred years style was definitely my favourite.

Metallics featured in Paris frequently, and in some glorious incarnations, anyone catch the Balmain show, yep.
The above from Barbara Bui, Giambattista Valli, Maison Martin Margiela and Balmain proving that metallics are here to stay. And that Valli skirt is very high on my wish list.

And finally my old favourite the maxi skirt was certainly doing the rounds. Dries Van Noten sent one out in a very feathery way, Paul and Joe with a little brocade, Givenchy in my fave, Paisley and Emanual Ungaro with the bright blue and polka dots. Some super fine skirts right here.

Ahh Paris, done again for another six months, see you in September!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting and reading and looking and commenting!!!