Sunday, June 16, 2013

how i'd wear: white chunky heel......

After featuring these white Wittner babes in last weeks Currently Crushing they kept popping into my mind in a few different ensembles so I figured that meant they were destined for a little How I'd Wear action. 

Frankly I've never been a huge fan of white shoes, if a bride wasn't wearing them I always found them cheap and nasty, wow that really sounds harsh! But somehow over the past few months they seem to have crept into my good books and I now find myself a huge fan. Ahh the fickle nature of fashion, it's why we keep coming back, just never know what she's going to throw at us next.

This particular white babe, who goes by the name Ralex, is ticking quite a few boxes making her so hot right now. Chunky heel, yep and at a comfortable 8.5cm too, check. Single sole, see the revolt against platforms, check. Those ever so perfectly placed straps in a creamy white finish, check. Oh and did I mention the velcro strap, no? Well if you weren't sold before surely you are now!

Anyway enough of this chat, I put my Stylist hat on and this is what I came up with.


I'm calling this look Grunge meets South of France Beach, that makes sense right? Yellow stretch crepe flared pants with gold jewellery and a denim shirt, because how can I do anything without a denim shirt?  


Skirts over dresses, it's layering at it's best. Even better when you pair a paisley-esque printed shift with a bright tube skirt. Topshop believes this skirt is red, I say orange, either way it works. The linen blazer keeps things cool, literally. Added that Acne clutch again, because I'm just a little obsessed with it.



/ Sunglasses: Quay Eyewear / Cuff: Edie Borgo /

And now for my favourite. Stamp print high waisted shorts and a Balmain leather bustier, now that is a winning combination. It's an easy way for those stomach conscious ones among us to rock the crop top look, of course eye catching print on the bottom is not absolutely necessery but comes highly reccomended.

Thoughts??

xx