Sunday, July 07, 2013

editorial love: el dorado.......




I have a serious crush on Stella Tennant. From my very first Vogue moments she's been a favourite. There is something about her androgynous look that draws me in every time. And this US Vogue shoot by Mario Testino from 2012 is no exception.

I imagine she's a European heiress on an adventure, running far from a life that has been planned for her from the moment she entered the world. An arranged marriage, a life inside castles and attending glittering parties, surrounded by people she doesn't love and people that don't love her. Her adventure finds her in a small town in Peru sometime in the early part of the twentieth century. Faced with a world so outside her normal reality she must survive or perish. Of course she does all this in some serious threads, Dries, Oscar, Givenchy, Prada and Chanel to name but a few.

No doubt those treads are rad but, predictably so, I'm much more enamoured with the traditional Peruvian Quechua hats. I'm quite sure I could conquer anything with one of those perched on my skull.

xx